On 29 July 2019, Ofcom published an initial consultation which proposed two new rules for Section Two of the Broadcasting Code to require broadcasters to ensure they take ‘due care’ of people participating in television and radio programmes.
Ofcom’s work in this area recognises the growing concern in society about mental health and wellbeing, and the increase in complaints made to us about the welfare of people who take part in programmes.
If you are interested in contributing to this, please submit your comments using the response form below to John Oates, Chair of the Media Ethics Advisory Group at [email protected]
The deadline for commenting is the end of play on Friday 19th June.
- The society will only produce ONE response to any consultation.
- Any response that goes under the society logo MUST be signed off by the relevant Board Chair and Branch Chair in the case of Devolved Nations.
- Responses on behalf of particular Divisions / Faculties / Member Networks are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Please do refer to the British Psychological Society Consultation Processes document which is attached before writing and sending any comments
- Please ensure that all comments are based on Published Evidence and not solely on clinical opinion