This consultation seeks views on proposals to modernise the legislation of the healthcare professional regulators.
The proposals have been developed in partnership with the professional regulatory bodies, the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care and tested with key stakeholders across the health and care system.
The proposed reforms cover four key areas. These are:
- Governance and Operating Framework
- Education and Training
- Fitness to practise
The consultation also seeks views on the proposed approach to introducing statutory regulation for physician associates and anaesthesia associates. A consultation document is published as part of this consultation.
If you are interested in contributing to this, please submit your comments using the response form below to Hannah.Farndon@bps.org.uk
The deadline for commenting is the end of play on Tuesday 01 June.
- The society will only produce ONE response to any consultation.
- Any response that goes under the society logo MUST be signed off by the relevant Board Chair and Branch Chair in the case of Devolved Nations.
- Responses on behalf of particular Divisions / Faculties / Member Networks are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Please do refer to the British Psychological Society Consultation Processes document which is attached before writing and sending any comments
- Please ensure that all comments are based on Published Evidence and not solely on clinical opinion