Builders’ merchant Bradfords Buildings Supplies is celebrating its 250th anniversary with a new dropside DAF CF260.
Founded in 1770 by William Bradford and initially relying on horse-drawn barges for its transport, the company also ordered a livery for the truck that acknowledges its heritage, plus a personalised number plate: RIG 1770.
With a body built by Wessex Vehicle Services and a remote control crane from Atlas finished in commemorative silver the vehicle – supplied by Ryder – includes automated warning lights on the crane, a crane pad stowage system and V-Rave side rails.
The DAF has been named Charlotte Anne Ellen, after a former colleague who lost her battle with cancer in April.
The post Builders Merchant celebrates 250th anniversary with new DAF CF260 appeared first on Motor Transport.